Thursday, February 26, 2009

One Down!


I was sooooo excited to finish the binding on the cowboy baby quilt since it's leaving with me to go to Texas on Monday. I wove in my thread, looked it over, shivered with pride(I realize it's only squares, and big squares at that, but finishing a quilt means I can call myself a quilter!!!) and ran to throw it in the wash.




Tossed it in the dryer after running some errands and......an entire seam on one of the squares came undone. Operator error, I know. So what do I do? How do I fix it? If I hand stitch it and I feel that's my only option, will it ever be strong enough?

I'm gonna fix it a give it to her anyway--it's not like it's a fatal flaw. Just disappointing.


I discovered something cool though--sewing on the binding isn't so bad! It's like I got to be the first person to "use" the quilt since it's all over my lap. I found it profoundly satisfying that it was looking so good too! I had thought it sucked since my first attempt to sew on a binding looked like my 2 1/2 year old did it. Now I just get to commune with the quilt one more time before it's off to it's new and hopefully well loving home!


My first label!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment