Friday, February 20, 2009




So, in an effort not to mess up the two baby quilts that I have basted, I made another foray to the fabric store yesterday to simply get two pieces of fabric to make a whole fabric quilt. I have a new darning foot for my machine and I don't want to screw anything up.





Everyone says with free motion quilting it's practice, practice, practice, but I don't know what to practice on! A friend suggested old sheets from Goodwill, but I want to make a vintage sheets quilt! Alas, if I don't give in and start soon, I'm going to have a stack of to be quilted WIPS reaching to my ceiling!



Because I also bought a Moda Layer cake, and about 4 yards of fabric to make my mom a log cabin--got the greatest log cabin ruler, too!



And three charm packs because I loved them, and a 6x24 ruler because my square is only good for some things.

I literally started the first baby quilt last Sunday! I've become a woman obsessed. I thought my knitting was an expensive habit! At least I'm building my stash--I want to make three queen sized quilts for the beds in my house and of course shams for all of them next.

I ordered these replica handkerchiefs about 6 months ago after seeing a quilt I loved in a catalogue. They're from Moda, but at the time, I didn't even know what Moda was. They will be the squares for my guest room with 30s sashing and borders. I'm actually knitting a vest for my LYS and will trade the labor for the 30s fabric from Julie's enormous stash--how great is that?

I'm finding this very cathartic--just need my husband to show me all the bells and whistles!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love the wiggly giggly baby quilt. (Or whatever it's real name is. You know what I mean, the pin-wheel looking things. I'm getting as bad as Sarah about calling things whatever I want to call them!)

    Love,
    JNS

    ReplyDelete