Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I might have a small problem....

 I just got home from visiting the oh so wonderful Amanda Jean.  I feel so blessed to call her a friend and so lucky to get to spend some quality time being crafty.  The downside is that I came home with about 25 new projects and ideas.  I dove right in on a project I'm calling the "Minis."  I think I'm going to start making everything small.  These 9-patches and lone wonky star finish at 1 1/2 "!!!!!  (the wonky star is about an inch thick with all of those seams, but it had to be done!)
 They are achingly cute.  In fact they might be making my teeth hurt.  Or that might be the large number of kolaches I've eaten since Dana at the Old Red Barn posted her recipe yesterday and I all but ran to the kitchen to get the dough rising.  So good. 
How can you not just smile when you see this?  I think there will be many more minis in my future!

10 comments:

  1. So so cute Tara, I love them..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara these are so cute. I don't think it's a problem, it's a new opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. achingly cute is right! i like how you have them floating on white. they are lovely, lovely!

    thank you SO VERY MUCH for coming to visit me for your birthday. i love that YOUR birthday gift benefited me so much. :) feel free to visit anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you say kolaches. Goodness I will be heading to her blog next. I was sent her by Crazy Mom Quilts. So cute are these little patches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How sweet. I love your fabric choices! My fav.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara,
    I found your post via Crazy Mom Quilts. There is no such animal as kolaches in Atlanta, but I came across many when we lived in Houston (briefly). Your quilt of baby nine patches is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I clicked on the photo to look more closely and I can hardly believe that each 1-inch (or so) square is actually a 9-patch. Amazing! Thanks for posting again! It is great to see your stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeek!!! cuteness definitely comes in small packages! you're so lucky to call amanda jean a friend.

    ReplyDelete